The Column Chooser allows users to create custom reports with varying datasets. Whether this is a static, report, or a dynamic, multi period report. The Column Chooser allows users to build and add custom formatting to reports with macro-enabled technology, or easily swap out the data set columns for other variations.
NOTE: Date range options cannot be modified for A/R or A/P Aging Reports; these reports can only be run as of the date of your last sync.
Using the Column Chooser
- Start by saving a JumpStart template from Reports & Libraries > Libraries > Qvinci Gallery.
- The base template renders on the screen. Click the Save As icon in the bottom left to save a copy of the template to the Mine tab of the Libraries page.
- Click into the header cell (title cell in a column) of the column you’d like to customize or change the date for.
- With the desired column header selected, click the Column Chooser button in the top left hand corner.
- Choose a Frequency, Date Range and/or other options before clicking "Submit". (See more info on these options below.)
- If another column should be customized or added, choose a new column header and repeat steps 3-5.
- Click “Save” in the top right to save your changes.
- Click “Preview” to see your changes. (If you forget to click “Save” you will not see your changes in the preview.)
Column Chooser Options Detailed
- FREQUENCY – determines how your data is grouped into the columns of the report. For example, “Totals” would generate one column with a consolidated total for the selected date range, “by Month” would generate consolidated columns for each month of the selected date range, and “by Entity” would generate a column for each entity selected under “Filter Entities” in the top middle of the app.
- DATE RANGE – determines the timeframe. We recommend using the predefined rolling date ranges whenever possible to make your template more dynamic, as these automatically update throughout the year.
If the desired date range is not in the dropdown menu, you can use the “Offset” feature below to further modify the range. For example, if you chose “Last Month” for the date range and then “Offset Last Month by -1 Month(s)”, you could use a date range that would display data for 2 months ago.
- AS OF - This section can be used to allow you to run the report "As Of" different date ranges on the fly. Read more about running reports with "As Of" date ranges.
- VERTICAL ANALYSIS – adds a percentage of income column. When enabled, you must choose one of the radio buttons below the dropdown before clicking “Submit”.
- BUDGET – adds columns with budget data synced from QuickBooks files. You can choose to add columns for $ and/or % difference, and you can also choose to display only the budget (rather than with actuals).
For the Budget data to migrate from QuickBooks, your budgets must exist at the same tier you are syncing to Qvinci. For example, if you are syncing individual classes from a QuickBooks Online file, Qvinci will only sync class-level budgets. You can read more about syncing budgets from QuickBooks desktop and syncing budgets from QuickBooks Online.