The Column Chooser allows users to create custom reports with varying datasets. Whether this is a static, report, or a dynamic, multi period report. The Column Chooser allows users to build and add custom formatting to reports with macro-enabled technology, or easily swap out the data set columns for other variations.
The Column Chooser feature is available in the following platforms:
- Qvinci for Franchises
- Qvinci for Accountants (Enterprise only)
Using the Column Chooser
- Start with building a base report from the Reports tab in Qvinci. The main item of concern is to correctly choose the setting for Account Mapping under the Report Options column. All other options will be reconfigured in the customization steps.
- The base report renders on the screen. Click "Save as" in the top right-hand corner to turn this base report into a custom report. The custom report will be available in the Report Library in the future.
- Once inside the Report Editor screen (which looks like Excel) select the columns which contain the financial data. Right-click on the column header and "Delete" all the financial data columns that came in from the base report.
- Now find the column where the first financial data set column should appear.
- Click on a cell above where the first account in CoA / SCoA appears.
- With the desired cell selected, click the Column Chooser button on the right side of the Editor tool bar.
- Choose a Frequency, Date Range and/or other options before clicking "Submit".
- After submitting selections the previously selected column will have a macro in it which feeds the desired data.
- If another column should house another dataset, choose a new column and repeat steps 5-7.
- Save the custom report template.
- Click Preview to see how the Column Chooser macros populate the data into the template.
- View this article if the CoA / SCoA needs to dynamically update so that this template may be run for other Entities, Locations or Clients. The %%accounts%% macro will allow for dynamic updating of the CoA / SCoA in the template.