Qvinci's Report Editor allows for templates to have custom styling edits applied to cells which are null or contain zeros. This means that a blank cell, or a cell with a zero value, can be styled to appear as a dash, 0, 0.00, $0.00, $0, or a blank, etc.
Enable Format Customizer to Style Empty Cells
By default, the templates that are created in Qvinci will write null values, or blanks, as the format for financial cells that do not contain a value. Enabling the zero functionality toggle provides a user with the means for styling these blank cells in a preferred manner.
- After a template has been created the user should open the template from the Report Library
- Upon opening, migrate to the Options button in the top left corner of the template
- Inside Options, check the box that says "Use Format Customizer to Show Zeros in Empty Cells"
- Save this Options change via the green "Save" button in the top right corner
- Upon returning to the template, "Save" the template as well
- The user has just enabled the styling of blank cells and may now do so through the Format Customizer tool
- View this article to learn how to use the Format Customizer tool