Qvinci's Report Editor allows for templates to have custom styling edits applied to cells which are null or contain zeros. This means that a blank cell, or a cell with a zero value, can be styled to appear as a dash, 0, 0.00, $0.00, $0, or a blank, etc.
Enable Format Customizer to Style Empty Cells
By default, the templates that are created in Qvinci will write null values, or blanks, as the format for financial cells that do not contain a value. Enabling the zero functionality toggle provides a user with the means for styling these blank cells in a preferred manner.
- After a template has been created the user should open the template from the Report Library
- Upon opening, migrate to the Report Options button in the top left corner of the template
- Inside Report Options, check the box that says "Use Format Customizer to Show Zeros in Empty Cells"
- Click the green "Save" button in the bottom left section of the menu
- Upon returning to the template, "Save" the template as well
- The user has just enabled the styling of blank cells and may now do so by using the Numbers tab
- View this article to learn how to apply cell formatting