Notes: Budget vs Actual data is not supported for the "Profit & Loss - Weekly" report. Additionally, Qvinci only syncs budget data from QuickBooks at this time. You can read more about syncing budgets from QuickBooks desktop and syncing budgets from QuickBooks Online.
For the Budget data to migrate from QuickBooks, your budgets must exist at the same tier you are syncing to Qvinci. For example, if you are syncing individual classes from a QuickBooks Online file, Qvinci will only sync class-level budgets.
1) Navigate to Reports & Libraries > 1. My Reports > Qvinci Gallery to save a "P&L: BvA" JumpStart Template.
2) Click in the cell containing the column header to customize.
3) In the toolbar click "Column Chooser". The following selections page will appear and the user should:
- Select a Frequency (this determines how the data is displayed in the columns)
- Select a Date Range (this returns the relative financial data for the time frame chosen)
- At the bottom of the pop-out, select the desired Budget options:
- Budget - append the budget information after the corresponding Actuals)
- Budget $ Diff - append the BvA $ Diff after the corresponding actual and budget columns
- Budget % Diff - append the BvA % Diff after the corresponding actual and budget columns
- Remove Actuals - when a "budget only" report is necessary, use this option to remove Actuals
- Click "Submit" to save the preferences
4) Back in the Report Editor the user will see that column header cell has been updated with a macro which will drive the frequency, date range and budget selections.
5) A finished template should look something like this:
6) The previewed template, or the downloaded Package, will render a report which appears as such: