If a QuickBooks Online file has already sync'd to Qvinci, and budget data simply needs to be added to Qvinci, the user does NOT need to link the file again. Instead, the user can simply incorporate budget data to the existing link between Qvinci and QuickBooks.
Add Budget Data
A short step is necessary for existing QuickBooks Online files to have budget data added in Qvinci.
- The Contributor / Syncing User needs to log into Qvinci and visit the Manage > Entities / Locations tab.
- Click on the desired Entity / Location and from the button on the right select "Remap Budgets".
- The user will be prompted to select the corresponding years' budget via a drop down window that appears.
- The user may leave any field blank, or may choose the desired budget to apply for each year (in the event more than one budget is tracked in QuickBooks Online).
- After saving the selections the user will be returned to Qvinci.
- Remapping budgets may take place at any time, for any Entity / Location, and will not break Standard Chart of Accounts mappings, if they exist.
Note: If the budget data is set up in QuickBooks at the class level, and classes are sync'd to Qvinci Entities/Locations, then the budget information will come into Qvinci at the Entity/Location level (classified) as well.
If the budget data is not classified in QuickBooks, then the full budget data will sync to the Entity/Location that the file is tied to in Qvinci.