By default, report titles and column headers do not appear on multi-page reports, but the setting can be easily enabled.
Enable Repeating Titles and Column Headers on Multi-Page Reports
The key to enabling repeating titles and headers is to turn off the "Fit to Page" feature in the Package, as well as using the "Freeze Panes" feature in the report template.
- Since "Fit to Page" will be disabled, ensure the columns in the template will fit on the page that is rendered. Generally, a template that is styled to have Portrait layout and a 1" margin (in the Package) will allow for 468 pixels width. Since "Fit to Page" will be turned off, the report should not be wider than 468 pixels. Refer to the Style Guide for recommended column widths.
- After column widths are set in the reporting template, identify the area where the Freeze Panes should be applied. This is generally the cell under the first column title.
- Example: In the below screenshot we see that the user has set up Freeze Panes on cell B7. This means that both the report title rows (rows 1-3), as well as the column header rows (row 5), will repeat on all subsequent pages.
- Generally using "Freeze Panes" as opposed to "Freeze Rows" is the most favorable option, in case the columns scale off the page and render on subsequent pages.
Edit Package to Turn Off "Fit to Page"
- Migrate to Library > Package Library
- Open the desired Package, or create a new one
- Click on the desired report template, or drag the intended one into the PDF Export section and then click on it
- On the right, in the Package Editor section, turn off the "Fit to Page" checkbox
- Save and download the Package
- If the template with Freeze Panes is too wide for the page and error message will appear
- The user may either a) return to the Package and set slimmer margins, or b) may return to the template and adjust the column widths to be smaller.