The Qvinci Admin, Leader or Manager may assign the Entity Syncer/Contributor role to the user who will be syncing the QuickBooks file. This person must have QuickBooks Admin login for the file(s) they will be linking. The QuickBooks Admin login is required in order to make the link (first connection) to Qvinci, per Intuit security requirements. After the link is established any user who can open the QuickBooks file may sync it. There may only be one Entity Syncer/Contributor for each Entity or Location. (See section on Users and Permissions.)
- If the QuickBooks application is installed on a server or hosted environment, and the Qvinci Sync Client has not yet been installed for your server profile, contact your IT professional to request the Qvinci Sync Client be installed on your server profile. Only a server administrator may install the Qvinci Sync Client.
- If the QuickBooks application is installed on your local computer, and the Qvinci Sync Client has never been installed on the computer, Download the Qvinci Sync Client now. Install the Qvinci Sync Client on the same computer as where the QuickBooks application is also installed, not necessarily where the QuickBooks company files are stored.
Link a QuickBooks Desktop/Hosted File
- Open the desired QuickBooks file using the Admin login. For security purposes Intuit requires the QuickBooks Admin login be used when linking a file to a third-party application.
- Open the Qvinci Sync Client. The Qvinci Sync Client should load as a startup program when the computer is turned on in the future. This means you will find it running in the System Tray of the desktop (lower right corner, by the clock). If it is not found in the System Tray double-click the desktop icon. The Qvinci Sync Client will load to the System Tray. Double click the icon in the system tray.
- Once the Qvinci Sync Client loads on screen click the Link tab in the application.
- The Qvinci Entity Syncer/Contributor should sign in to the Link tab with their Qvinci credentials. All Entities/Locations assigned to your login will appear once you have logged in. If no Entities/Locations appear completely close and relaunch your Qvinci Sync Client so that you are required to login on the Link tab again. Otherwise contact your Qvinci Admin, Leader or Manager to ensure you have an Entity/Location assigned to your login. If you are the Admin, Leader or Manager assign the Entity Syncer/Contributor permission. See instructions on setting Entity Syncer/Contributor permissions here.
- From the Link tab, select the button for Intuit QuickBooks to link a QuickBooks file.
- An example QuickBooks Application Certificate will appear, prompting you on what to fill out inside QuickBooks to link the file. Simply ignore this example screen. Do not click Cancel on the example.
- Migrate back to QuickBooks and the blank QuickBooks Application Certificate will appear for you to fill out.
- Check the box to "Yes, allow access..." in order to proceed with linking the file. If a users dropdown box appears always select “Admin”. Checking the second box to "allow application to access personal data..." is not necessary.
- If classes are detected in the QuickBooks file the user will be prompted to select a preference. If the user wishes to sync the entire QuickBooks file, verses just individual classes, select the "single location" button. Proceed to step 10. However, if the user wishes to sync individual classes, as opposed to the entire QuickBooks file, follow the steps for Class Syncing.
- On the following screen click ON the Entity/Location name from the list that appears. If you do not click ON the location name prior to clicking the "Select Location" button then the QuickBooks file will NOT be tied to the location and you will receive an error message.
- Click the "Select Location" button to confirm. The QuickBooks file and the Entity/Location are now linked. A sync will automatically occur once they are linked. It is expected behavior for the progress bar to travel halfway and then pause. The final and largest query occurs at the halfway mark. Depending upon the size of the file the average sync time is 30 seconds - 2 minutes.
- If budget data exists in the QuickBooks Desktop file users will find that the budget data syncs automatically, without prompting. If no budget data exists in the file users would find that any Budget vs Actual reports will render "0" in the budget fields in Qvinci.
- Repeat the above steps to link additional QuickBooks files. Be sure to close the existing QuickBooks file and open the next one in order to link the correct file.
- After syncing check the Tools > Sync Activity report in the Qvinci dashboard to confirm a successful sync, afterwards migrate to Tools > Map to SCoA to map accounts.