Link and Sync a QuickBooks® File that has Classes
Qvinci offers the ability to sync individual class financials in QuickBooks, as opposed to only the entire QuickBooks file.
The Qvinci.web Account Owner assigns the Contributor Role to the User who will be syncing the QuickBooks file. This person must have QuickBooks Admin permissions for the file(s) they will be syncing. There may only be one Contributor for each Location. (See section on Users and Permissions.)
1. If not already downloaded, download the Qvinci Sync Client either by logging in to your Qvinci dashboard account and migrating to the Manage tab > click on Entities, and then select "Download Qvinci Sync App" ... alternatively go here: http://www.qvinci.com/download-sync-app/
2. Open QuickBooks® and log in to the corresponding QuickBooks® file (using the QuickBooks® Admin credentials).
3. The Qvinci sync application will load as a startup program when the computer is turned on in the future. Otherwise, launch the sync application by clicking on the icon from the desktop. If the sync application does not appear to open, check the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen. Double click the icon in the system tray.
4. Once the sync application pops up, click the “Link” tab in the application.
5. Sign in using your Qvinci login credentials. All Locations assigned to your login will appear once you have logged in. If no Locations appear, contact your Qvinci Account Owner, or assign yourself the Contributor permissions if you are the Owner. See instructions on setting Contributor permission here.
6. Select the button for "Intuit QuickBooks" to sync a QuickBooks file.
7. An example QuickBooks Application Certificate will appear, prompting you on what to fill out inside QuickBooks to link the file. Simply ignore this example screen. Do NOT click "Cancel".
8. Instead, migrate back to QuickBooks and the blank QuickBooks Application Certificate will appear for you to fill out.
9. It is only necessary to check the box which states "Yes, allow access even if QuickBooks is not running", and if multiple user logins exist for QuickBooks choose "Admin" if a dropdown appears.
10. On the screen that follows the user will see the following "Class Notification" screen. To sync a class inside the QuickBooks file to a single Location in Qvinci click the second button "These classes are locations". This allows the user to sync a single class to a single Location in Qvinci. The user may then opt to sync other classes to other Locations in Qvinci, or may opt to only sync the one class.
11. When the button "These classes are locations" is selected the user is then prompted to follow the Class syncing workflow. If tiers exist within the file select a tier for syncing in the below steps. If no tiers exist within the file, proceed to step #12.
a) From the tier dropdown, select the tier level for the classes you wish to sync. NOTE: All classes MUST be on the same tier level. You cannot sync multiple tiers. This is to avoid data duplication when running reports.
b) Visually confirm the class tier you wish to sync in the "Selected Classes" column. Click the "Next" button to proceed.
12. On the following screen the user is allow to link specific classes from the QuickBooks file to locations in Qvinci.
a) Step 1: Click on a Reporting Class in the left column to select it for linking.
b) Step 2: Find the desired Qvinci location in the second column and click "Link" next to the location to select it.
c) Fill out the address information for the location on the popup screen. Address information is required.
d) Repeat a-c to link more classes. Otherwise, click the "Save and Sync" button to sync. ('Save' will mark the file as something Qvinci can sync in the future, but will not prompt a sync automatically)
13. The class will begin syncing momentarily. The sync process should take between 15-45 seconds to finish.
14. When a QuickBooks Desktop file is sync'd to Qvinci "by Class", and if classified budget data exists in the file, users will find that the budget data syncs automatically, without prompting. If no budget data exists in the file, or the budget data is not classified, users would find that any Budget vs Actual reports will render "0" in the budget fields in Qvinci.
- Class syncing does NOT allow for Cash Flow or Balance Sheet data to be reported upon.
- Class syncing is not supported for QuickBooks Premier Accountant version. Switch to another Premier version when syncing by Classes into Qvinci. See help article.