Both the Qvinci Sync application and the QuickBooks application must be running as the same user during the linking process.
On some occasions, during the "linking" process, a second instance of QuickBooks attempts to load. This has to do with a Windows permission issue on the computer itself. Both QuickBooks and the Qvinci Sync application may be set to run as Admin, but ultimately there is a permission not allowing both applications to do so.
- Close QuickBooks entirely.
- Close the Qvinci Sync application.
- Start the Task Manager (hold down control + alt + delete keys) and end all "QBW32.exe" processes and "Qvinci Sync" processes.
- Right click the QuickBooks icon and select "Run as Administrator". Log in to the QuickBooks file using the QuickBooks Admin login.
- Right click the Qvinci Sync icon and select "Run as Administrator". Log in to the Qvinci "Link" tab and attempt to link the QuickBooks file again.
If the second instance of QuickBooks does not appear, then selecting "Run as Administrator" when launching both applications has provided a workaround to the issue. However, by default, QuickBooks and Qvinci should always run as administrator regardless of opening them by clicking the "Run as Administrator" option. A permission issue on the computer is present and would need to be diagnosed by your IT person.