In some versions of QuickBooks there is a feature which allows QuickBooks to continue running in the background, even when QuickBooks has been closed. This process is known as QBW32.exe. Ensure you do not have "Keep QuickBooks running for quick start ups" checked under your "Preferences" section. This will cause QuickBooks to stay open, which will prevent background syncing.
- Log in to the QuickBooks file as "Admin".
- From the menu bar at the top, click Edit > Preferences.
- From the "General" option on the left, select the "My Preferences" tab at the top of the screen (if it is not already open by default).
- Uncheck the "Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups" box, if it is present.
- Once unchecked, close the QuickBooks file AND the QuickBooks application.
- Once closed, relaunch.
- Confirm that the box has not re-checked itself.
- If the box has automatically rechecked itself there is a permissions issue pertaining to your user account. Contact your server administrator to report the issue.