A code signing certificate update was released for the Qvinci Sync Client on 9/22/2016 at approximatey 4:00pm CST. The Qvinci Sync Client will auto update for users upon the next active session. The current version of the Qvinci Sync Client is now 184.108.40.206. With the update of a new code signing certificate the QuickBooks Application Certificate may prompt some users to reauthorize their QuickBooks Desktop file connection to Qvinci.
This reauthorization is not a new Link process whereby Qvinci SCoA mappings will be broken. It simply establishes continued authorization for syncing. If a user sees the QuickBooks Application Certificate appear when trying to sync their QuickBooks Desktop file to Qvinci they should follow these steps. This is a one-time process per file:
- From the system tray (lower right corner, near your clock) launch the Qvinci Sync Client
- If the version is less than 220.127.116.11 then the Qvinci Sync Client should undergo an auto update momentarily
- After updating, the user may open the QuickBooks file (be sure to log in as Admin), open the Qvinci Sync Client, and from the Sync Client tab called "In-File Sync" they will click the Sync button
- If the progress bar does not begin for syncing check if QuickBooks is giving you an Application Certificat to authorize
- The Application Certificate will require the below authorizations. Note that if multiple user logins exist for QuickBooks the user will also need to select "Admin" as the user who is authorizing
- After "Done" is selected on the second prompt the file will sync to Qvinci
- This process should be repeated for each QuickBooks file needing to sync as the Application Certificate is file-specific
If a user accidentally filled out the Application Certificate as "No" they can still reauthorize without linking the file again and breaking SCoA mappings. The steps are:
- Open the QuickBooks file as Admin and migrate to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications
- From the Company Preferences tab checkmark any Qvinci Sync program that appears in the center screen and save
- Go back to Step 3 above and repeat the process. The QuickBooks Certificate should appear for authorization again
The issue that this update resolves can be viewed here.