With the update of a new code signing certificate in the Qvinci Sync Client the QuickBooks Application may prompt some users to reauthorize their QuickBooks Desktop file connection to Qvinci.
This reauthorization is not a new Link process affecting existing SCoA mappings. It simply establishes continued authorization for syncing. If a user sees the QuickBooks Application Certificate appear when trying to sync their QuickBooks Desktop file to Qvinci they should follow these steps. This is a one-time process per file:
- From the system tray (lower right corner, near your clock) launch the Qvinci Sync Client
- If the version is requires an update then the Qvinci Sync Client should undergo an auto update momentarily
- After updating, the user may open the QuickBooks file (be sure to log in as Admin), open the Qvinci Sync Client, and from the Sync Client tab called "In-File Sync" they will click the Sync button
- If the progress bar does not begin for syncing check if QuickBooks is giving you an Application Certificate to authorize
- The Application Certificate will require the below authorizations. Note that if multiple user logins exist for QuickBooks the user will also need to select "Admin" as the user who is authorizing
- After "Done" is selected on the second prompt the file will sync to Qvinci
- This process should be repeated for each QuickBooks file needing to sync as the Application Certificate is file-specific
If someone accidentally filled out the Application Certificate as "No" it can still be reauthorized without linking the file again and breaking SCoA mappings. The steps are:
A. Open the QuickBooks file as Admin and migrate to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications
B. From the Company Preferences tab checkmark any Qvinci Sync program that appears in the center screen. Ensure the box stating "Notify the usre before running any application whose certificate has expired" is not checked. Uncheck if so. Then press save.
C. Go back to Step 3 above and repeat the process. The QuickBooks Certificate should appear for authorization again.