What is Qvinci?
Qvinci is a dashboard and financial reporting solution. An add-on platform for QuickBooks, Xero and other accounting software, it offers consolidation, a patented Standard Chart of Accounts feature and benchmarking capabilities. To learn a little more about Qvinci please visit our Qvinci Overview Video. For QuickBooks Desktop Qvinci offer a Sync Client by which reporting connections may take place. The Qvinci Sync app should be installed on the same server/machine as where the QuickBooks application is installed. In a server environment the Qvinci Sync app should be installed on all servers, across all user accounts, where users will log in to access QuickBooks files that will sync to Qvinci. This sync client allows the Qvinci Contributor to link and sync the QuickBooks file(s) to the Qvinci dashboard for reporting. The person responsible for installing the Sync App must have Windows Admin permissions.
After preforming the below installation steps a user may visit this page to walk through the linking and syncing steps.
Desktop Installation Instructions:
- The executable for the Qvinci Sync App is: https://web.qvinci.com/SyncClient/QvinciSyncSetup.exe
- Download the installer to the same computer where the QuickBooks application is installed. It should default to being saved in a file called QvnciSyncSetup.
- Run the Qvinci Sync installer to install the sync application.
- The Qvinci Sync Client should be installed on all computers, where a user will log in to manage their QuickBooks files and perform syncing to Qvinci.
- If the QuickBooks application is installed on both a server and local workstations, it is advisable that the Qvinci Sync application be installed in both places. This simply aids in additional sync activity occurring.
- A reboot is recommended before a user utilizes the Qvinci Sync Client. The Windows Admin may opt to reboot “later” verses immediately. However the reboot is recommended before the user begins syncing files from the Qvinci Sync App.
Server Installation Instructions:
Install the Qvinci Sync Client for ALL Server Users:
Run the same executable above to install the Qvinci Sync Client across all user accounts on a server. Follow the same instructions above to complete the installation steps. All user accounts on the server will have the Qvinci Sync Client installed when a server admin performs the steps above.
- OR -
Install the Qvinci Sync Client for Specific Server Users:
Follow the steps below using Command Prompt to install the Qvinci Sync App for specific users:
The server administrator should set the target user to be a local admin (if not already):
- Via the control panel if the user is a non-active directory domain user, or
- Via active directory policies if the user is a domain user
- Log in as the target user
- Download the Qvinci Sync App (do not install yet)
- Open the Windows command line (open Windows Explorer and type cmd to launch)
- Do not use “run as administrator”
- Navigate to the command prompt to find where the sync app is downloaded
- Type “dir” for directory if you need assistance navigating
- Type “cd folder name” to switch to the folder where Qvinci is downloaded
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 if needed until Qvinci download is reached
- Run the installer from the command line with the additional parameters as follows and install as you normally would:
- exe ALLUSERS=2 MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1
- If you get an Admin login prompt then something is wrong. Go back to initial Step 1
- You may get a UAC (User Account Control) prompt. This is fine; click Yes
- exe ALLUSERS=2 MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1
- You will be prompted to restart the server… it is advisable to not restart the server unless all users are logged out
Qvinci supported operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012, R2 and Newer versions
The Qvinci Sync Client uses the following two file paths:
- c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local for sync log files
- c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Qvinci for user config files
The IP address that the Qvinci Sync Client utilizes is: