For QuickBooks Desktop files, whether installed on local machines or on a server, Qvinci offers the Qvinci Sync Client as the application which performs the sync process. This Sync Client, by default, loads in the system tray of the Windows desktop so that automated syncing can occur when a user opens a connected QuickBooks file. The user can however turn off the automated sync process, so that they are able to only manually prompt syncs on desired dates. The process for turning of automated syncs is found below.
1. The Qvinci Sync Application should be installed onto the user's desktop. If it is not, the user may install it from here.
2. Once Qvinci is installed, migrate to the Startup folder on the computer/server (where ever Qvinci is installed).
3. Find the Qvinci Sync folder inside of Startup. The Startup folder may be found from inside the Start menu or from the Task Manager.
4. Right click and remove the Qvinci Sync application from the Startup folder, or disable it from inside the Startup folder of Task Manager.
5. Qvinci will no longer load as a Startup program. This means the user must manually start and close the Qvinci Sync Client, as desired.
Syncing Steps Moving Forward
Now that the Qvinci Sync App is no longer a startup program, the user should perform the following steps each time they wish to sync a QuickBooks file.
1. From the desktop, find the Qvinci Sync Client application. Double click it.
2. The Sync Client will load from the System Tray of the computer/server. The System Tray is located in the lower right corner of the computer, by the clock.
3. Find the miniature Qvinci icon in the System Tray and double click to launch it.
4. Open the desired QuickBooks file.
5. Migrate to the In-File Sync tab in the Qvinci Sync Client. Click the Sync button on the far right.
6. Once the sync finishes the user may close the Qvinci Sync Client from the System Tray by right clicking and "Exiting" the client.
7. The user should manually repeat these steps each time a sync update is desired.