Once a Qvinci Entity is set up to sync via Excel, the Entity Syncer may begin syncing financial data for that Entity. Only the Entity Syncer may sync the data, but all Viewers for that Entity may view reports for it.
Step 1: Generate the Syncing Template for the Qvinci Entity
- Ensure the Entity Syncer is using an Excel version 2007 or newer. Older versions of Excel are not compatible.
- The Entity Syncer will log in using their Qvinci credentials at www.Qvinci.com and migrate to the Manage > Entities tab from the left bar.
- Click on the desired Entity from the column on the left.
- If the Entity is not already assigned to Excel, select the "Enable Excel Syncing" button in the bottom right. Then follow steps 5-8. However, if the Entity has been enabled for Excel syncing previously, skip to the next section.
- Click the "Export Excel" tab at the top-center of the Manage Entity screen.
- Select January as the start month in the drop down.
- Click the blue "Generate Template" button to save the Excel document to your computer.
- Proceed to the next step to "Enter the Financial Data in the Template".
Step 2: Enter the Financial Data in the Template
For more detailed steps on entering financial data into the Excel template please refer to the "Intro" tab inside the Excel template.
- From the Manage > Entities tab, click on a Entity and select the "Export Excel" tab at the top-center of the screen. Export a copy of the template so that new data may be entered.
- The syncing user will open the Excel template that was generated for the Entity.
- The syncing user will be prompted to Enable Macros in the Excel template.
- The first tab in the Excel template contains detailed instructions for copying/pasting data for each report type into the Excel template. Please refer to this tab for more detailed information.
- For P&L reporting, the syncing user will run a report from the accounting software as: P&L, by month, for this calendar year.
- The syncing user will copy the report from the accounting software making sure to copy all accounts and all months of data.
- The user will paste the copied report into the Qvinci template on the "P&L" tab for the year in which the data exists. Paste into cell "A8".
- The chart of accounts should appear in column A, with the financial data in the columns to the right.
- Next, the user will then set the column where the financial data starts by clicking any cell in the column where the first month of financial data starts. IE: If the first column with financial data is in column C, click here.
- Then click the "Set Start of Financial Data" button at the top of the template.
- The months will appear as column headers for the data.
- Follow steps 4 - 10 again to input other financial data on the other tabs in the template. Refer to the "Intro" tab in the template for formatting procedures when adding other financial reports in the template.
- Once the desired tabs are populated with data proceed to "Sync the Template via Excel Syncing Method"
* Note that only financial values should appear in the financial columns. Dollar signs should not be incorporated in the formatting of the financial data or else the sync will fail.
Step 3: Sync the Template via Excel Syncing Method
After the Entity Syncer has saved the Excel template, they may sync it into Qvinci following the steps below.
- Log in to Qvinci and migrate to the Manage > Entities tabs from the bar on the left; click on the desired Entity in the left-hand column.
- Once the desired Entity has been reached, click the "Sync Excel" tab.
- Note the message for which currency the Entity is set up to receive data. Be sure the data in the Excel template has been entered in the corresponding currency.
- Find the Excel template by using the "Browse" or "Choose File" button on the center of the page.
- Once the file has been selected, click the "Sync" button to sync the file.
- Sync times vary, depending upon the size of the file. An average sync will take between 30 seconds - 2 minutes. A confirmation screen will appear when the sync completes.
- The User may keep the Excel template for future use, or may generate a new one on the next sync (prior sync'd data will populate in the template upon each generation).