Link a QuickBooks Online File by QuickBooks Location or Class Delineation
Once a Qvinci Entity has been created, the Entity Syncer for that Entity may link and sync their data file. At times a user may set up "Locations" or "Classes" inside their single QuickBooks Online file to delineate between multiple store financials that exist inside the same QuickBooks Online file. This workflow allows a user to sync individual QuickBooks Online Locations/Classes to an individual Qvinci Entity so that each store's financials appear individually. Only a user with QuickBooks Online Master Admin or Accountant level login credentials may connect QuickBooks Online data to Qvinci.
The Entity Syncer for a Qvinci Entity is the person responsible for syncing the file(s). There may only be one Entity Syncer for each Entity. (See section on Users and Permissions.)
Link a NEW QuickBooks Online Class or Location
1. The Entity Syncer for the Entity logs in to their Qvinci account at www.Qvinci.com
2. The user may click the Manage > Entities tabs in the bar on the left.
3. The user should click on the Entity in the left-hand column that they wish to sync QuickBooks Online data to.
4. The user should select "By Class/Location" under the QuickBooks Online section as the reporting option for this Location/Entity.
4. Once logged in, the user should click the "Add a new QuickBooks Online File".
5. The user will be directed to the QuickBooks Online connection portal.
6. The user should log in to the QuickBooks Online file using Master Admin or Accountant level credentials. If already logged in the user will be directed into their QuickBooks Online connection screen.
7. A list of QuickBooks Online files will appear. The user should select the desired QuickBooks Online file.
8. Once selected, the user will "Authorize" the connection on the following screen.
9. If both Classes and Locations are utilized inside the QuickBooks Online file both tiers will be presented. The user should select the desired Class/Location to link to the previously selected Qvinci Location/Entity.
10. Select the desired QuickBooks Online Location/Class tier. NOTE: All QuickBooks Online Locations MUST be on the same tier level. Selecting across multiple tier levels can result in double accounting.
11. Selecting a tier assigns the selected QuickBooks Online Location/Class to the Qvinci Location that was selected in step 3.
12. Users will then be asked you to align the desired budget for each fiscal year. If budget data does not exist for any or all years, then leave it blank and click save to continue.
13. The user will be taken back to the Qvinci dashboard while the QuickBooks Online file syncs. A typical sync time is approximately 30 seconds. To confirm sync status refresh the File tab at the top-center of the screen.
14. To link another QuickBooks Online Location move to the steps below:
Link ADDITIONAL QuickBooks Online Classes or Locations
1. The user should migrate to the Manage > Entities tab.
2. Select the desired Location/Entity in the column on the left and under the QuickBooks Online sections select "By Class/Location" as the reporting option for this Location/Entity.
3. The previously authorized QuickBooks Online file will appear. The user should click on the previously linked QuickBooks Online file in order to link additional Locations/Classes from the same file. Otherwise, select the "Add File" button to link from a new file.
4. If the user opted to "Add File" they will proceed through the Authorization steps of selecting a new file and "Authorizing" the connection. Otherwise, selecting the currently linked file will guide the user to the tier selection page.
5. On the following screen the user will select the desired QuickBooks Online tier to link. NOTE: All QuickBooks Online Locations/Classes MUST be on the same tier level. Selecting across multiple tier levels can result in double accounting.
6. Selecting a Location/Class tier assigns the selected QuickBooks Online Location/Class to the Qvinci Location/Entity that was selected in step 2.
7. The user will be taken back to the Qvinci dashboard while the QuickBooks Online file syncs. A typical sync time is approximately 30 seconds. To confirm sync status refresh the File tab at the top-center of the screen.
8. To link additional Locations/Classes inside the same QuickBooks Online file repeat steps 1-8.