Qvinci offers an alerting system. This feature acts as a Budget vs Actual of sorts, but in an email notification tracking system. The Alerts feature allows a user to create financial status notifications, whether they have access to one Qvinci Location or multiple. The alert notifications do not send emails "if goal or budget is met", but rather work as an early-warning notification system. That is, the notification fires daily or once-weekly in order to keep the user informed of the status of the account at all times.
If a user is enrolled in multiple notifications, across multiple Qvinci Locations, the user will only receive one email. This email will be comprised of all Qvinci Locations and all accounts. The Alert notification is user-based. This means that multiple users who might have Qvinci access to the same Location may each set up their own Alerts.
Set up Alerts
Once Alerts are created the user will begin receiving their email notifications the following morning. Alerts fire at 9:00AM CST.
- Migrate to the Tools tab in Qvinci and select "My Alerts"
- The user is then able to select which Qvinci Location to set alerts on via the column on the left
- The dropdowns at the top of the screen allow a user to choose from P&L verses Balance Sheet accounts, or narrow in on a specific account type
- The chart of accounts displayed in center screen will update based upon the dropdown selections
- The chart of accounts that is displayed is the CoA that is found inside that Qvinci Location's accounting file (it is not the Qvinci SCoA)
- The user may then begin enrolling an account into the notification system by choosing:
- The Frequency to receive the notification (daily, once-weekly (Mondays) or none). Selecting "none" will track the account, but not send an email
- The Period allows the user to track year-to-date or month-to-date activity in the account
- The Alert Type allows the user to set a Target (goal) or Threshold (Budget) or Actual for the account
- The Value is where the user enters the Target or Threshold dollar amount to be tracked against. If the account was set as an "Actual" then no value is needed.