To sync Entities or Locations, a Entity Syncer/Contributor needs to be designated in order to sync data to Qvinci. The Entity Syncer/Contributor is typically the user who has Admin access to the QuickBooks Desktop/Hosted file, and therefore is the user who links the file in Qvinci. Only one Entity Syncer/Contributor per Entity or Location is allowed. Additional users who access the same QuickBooks file may still perform syncs as long as they have the Qvinci Sync Client installed on their computer or server profile account, even if they do not have the QuickBooks Admin login. An Entity Syncer/Contributor is just the assigned user who may link the QuickBooks file to Qvinci.
Set or Change a Entity Syncer/Contributor
- From the left navigation bar click the Manage tab and then select Entities or Locations.
- Click on a Entity or Location from the list on the left.
- From the File tab on the center of the screen check whether the Entity or Location has an Entity Syncer/Contributor designated.
- Edit the Entity Syncer/Contributor by clicking the Edit Basic Details buttom.
- Click the Change button at the Entity Syncer/Contributor field.
- Search for an existing user to assign or add a new user by clicking the "+ Invite User" button. Enter their first name, last name and email address in the appropriate fields and click the Invite button. Inviting this user automatically sends and email notification to the user and prompts them to set a password if they have not been invited prior.
- Once the User's name is displayed, click the dial to the left of their name and click the Select button to assign the Entity Syncer/Contributor role to them.
- Click the Save button screen to save the changes.
- Confirm that the new Entity Syncer/Contributor appears on the File tab now.