QuickBooks (desktop) files are connected to the Qvinci dashboard through the Qvinci Sync Application. The user with QuickBooks Admin access to the QuickBooks file must download and install the Qvinci Sync Application onto the same machine where QuickBooks is installed. Afterwards, they may follow the "Link and Sync" instructions below to sync the QuickBooks file to Qvinci.
Link and Sync a QuickBooks® Desktop File
The Qvinci.web Administrator assigns the Entity Syncer role to the User who will be syncing the QuickBooks® desktop file. This person must have QuickBooks® Admin permissions for the file(s) they will be syncing. There may only be one Entity Syncer for each Entity. (See section on Users and Permissions.)
1. Open QuickBooks® and log in to the corresponding QuickBooks® desktop file (using the QuickBooks® Admin credentials).
2. The Qvinci sync application will load as a startup program when the computer is turned on in the future. Otherwise, launch the sync application by clicking on the icon from the desktop. If the sync application does not appear to open, check the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen. Double click the icon in the system tray.
3. Once the sync application pops up, click the “Link” tab in the application.
4. Sign in using your Qvinci login credentials. All Entities assigned to your login will appear once you have logged in. If no Entities appear, contact your Qvinci Account Owner, or assign yourself the Entity Syncer permissions if you are the Owner. See instructions on setting Entity Syncer permission here.
5. Select the button for "Intuit QuickBooks" to sync a QuickBooks file.
6. An example QuickBooks Application Certificate will appear, prompting you on what to fill out inside QuickBooks to link the file. Simply ignore this example screen. Do NOT click "Cancel".
7. Instead migrate back to QuickBooks and the blank QuickBooks Application Certificate will appear for you to fill out.
8. You must check BOTH boxes in the affirmative in order to proceed with linking the file. If you are ask to select a User, always select “Admin”. NOTE: The Sync application does NOT export any social security numbers, credit card information or other private data.
9. If classes are detected in the QuickBooks file the user will be prompted to select a preference on the below screenshot example.
a) If the user wishes to sync the entire QuickBooks file, verses individual classes, select the "This file is a single location" button. Proceed to step 10.
b) If the user wishes to sync individual classes, as opposed to the entire QuickBooks file, follow the steps for Class Syncing.
10. On the following screen click ON the location name from the list that appears. If you do not click ON the location name prior to clicking the "Select Location" button then the QuickBooks file will NOT be tied to the location and you will receive an error message.
11. Click the "Select Location" button to confirm. The QuickBooks file and the Location are now linked. A sync will automatically occur once they are linked.
12. Repeat steps 1 – 11 above to link additional QuickBooks® files.
Have additional questions? Contact a Qvinci Support Specialist via LiveChat