Creating and using workflow statuses in Qvinci couldn't be easier! Only the Qvinci Admin may create or modify Workflow Statuses. In the Qvinci Advisor subscription only one Workflow Status may be created. In the Qvinci Enterprise subscription three Workflow Statuses may be created. The number of status options in each Workflow is unlimited.
Creating a Workflow Status
- From the left tool bar the Qvinci Admin will click the Manage > Workflow Statuses tab.
- Create a new workflow from the Create New button.
- Name the workflow and set a description (ie: Month End Tasks, etc).
- Create the Status options by typing in the cell (ie: Close Books or Compile Reports, etc).
- Add more options via the Add Options button.
- Save the tasks.
Assign Workflow Status in the Portal
Once a workflow has been created it can be applied to client entities in the Portal.
- From the left navigation bar click Portal.
- Scroll to the far right in the Portal to see the new Workflow Status.
- Drag the column to another location in the Portal, if desired, by grabbing the header (this process will only move the location of the Workflow Status column for the current user- other users may customize their layout as well).
- Click into the desired client cell to set a Workflow for a particular Entity.
- If a user has saved a custom layout view of the Portal and does not see a newly created Workflow Status colum the user will need to load the default layout of the Portal so that new fields appear. The user may then customize and save a desired layout. Layout customizations may be acheived at the bottom of the Portal screen.