A Package allows multiple assets to be combined into a single PDF deliverable OR a .zip file containing both Excel and PDF exports of the contents. Documents or report templates may be placed in a Package for either download or sharing purposes. A Package does not necessarily need to contain more than one asset.
Create a New Package
- What can go into a package: Any document, and one or more report, customize reports that have been shared with you, or save templates from the Qvinci Gallery.
- Begin by Navigating to the Reports & Libraries > Libraries page
- Click the green "Create" button in the top right, then select "New Package"
- From the Reports tab add a report to the package by dragging it to either the PDF or Excel section; repeat to add more reports
- From the Documents tab add a document by dragging it to the PDF section; repeat to add more documents (note that Documents can only be added to the PDF section, not Excel)
- If a header or footer document has been created drag the desired header or footer item to the appropriate section
- Rearrange the order of the documents in the PDF section by simply dragging assets above or below others in order
- Note that if any reports exist as Excel exports they cannot be rearranged in certain order
- To move an item from PDF to Excel simply delete from the PDF section and add to the Excel section
- For PDFs, click on each item to customize the Export Options on the right side of the screen for that particular asset (not available for Excel items):
- If you have already set your Page Settings in the Package Editor, you may want to check the "Apply this Report's Page Setup" box
- You might like a certain page to appear Landscape vs Portrait (if not set under Page Settings)
- You might like the margins of a certain page to be a custom size (if not set under Page Settings)
- You might like to have a page appear centered vertically or horizontally as opposed to fitting to the whole page (if not set under Page Settings)
11. Once Export Options are customized per item save the package and give it a distinguishable name
12. The new package can be downloaded from the same screen, or may be accessed in the future from the Reports & Libraries > Libraries > Mine tab
13. The authoring user may share the Package to other users at their level and below by visiting the Reports & Libraries > Libraries > Mine tab and clicking the Share button to automatically distribute the Package to other users
14. The authoring user may also Pin the Package to other users at their level and below by visiting the Reports & Libraries > Libraries > Mine tab and clicking the Pin button to automatically distribute the Package to other users who can access the same company
15. If the package contains either multiple Excel items, or a combination of Excel and PDF items, then the download will provide users with a .zip file of the following:
- All PDF items will render in a single PDF export
- All Excel items will render as separate Excel files
We're More Than Happy To Help
Schedule a Call with Customer Success below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-512-637-7337 Ext. 1 Available M-F, 7:30am-6:30pm CT and it is always FREE!