A wide array of users may be set up in Qvinci for Accountants and Qvinci for Franchises, regardless under the Advisor or Enterprise plan. Only one Administrator may exist, but multiple levels of managerial users and report viewing-only users may be configured. Users can more easily be understood when broken down in the following groups:
- Account level verses Non-Account level users
- Management verses Non-Management users
- Portal access verses Non-Portal access users
Account Level Users
The Administrator, Leaders and Account Staff are account-level users.
- The Administrator and Leaders are account-level users who exist at the top level of the application and are able to see all Client Companies, all Entities and all Reports that are shared. The Admin and Leaders may create new Client Companies and Entities, add new users and perform other management level tasks. These users also have Portal access and templating/publishing capabilities. *Note: By default Leaders do not have billing access in Qvinci however the Admin may contact Qvinci Support to enable billing level tasks for Leaders in their account. Billing access is necessary in order to create new Companies or Entities.
- Account Staff users have no administrative access. They are view-only in nature, but across the entire Account. The Account Staff user does have Portal access.
Management Level Users
The Admin, Leaders and (Client) Managers are users with management level access in Qvinci.
- The Administrator and Leaders are account-level users who exist at the top level of the application and are able to create new Client Companies, purchase inventory for new Entities, create new Entities, manage all users and invite new users. These management level users have Portal access and templating/publishing capabilities too.
- Client Managers are not account level users but are granted management access at the Client Company level. A Client Manager may manage multiple Client Companies as well. This means that a Client Manager may add users at lower permission tiers to Client Companies, may template/publish reports to lower permission tier users and may create new Entities (should inventory exist). A Client Manager also has Portal access, but only to the Client Companies and Entities they are added to.
The Account Staff, Client Staff, Company Viewer, Entity Viewer and Entity Syncer have no management access in Qvinci; however some of these users have higher levels of visibility than others.
- Account Staff is a user set at the Account level. If multiple Clients/Companies exist inside the Qvinci account then this type of user has dynamic access to view all Clients/Companies. This user has report viewing access and Portal access, but cannot create templates to be shared. This user does dynamically see all Entities/Locations that are added inside every Client/Company.
- Client Staff is a user set at the Client/Company level. If multiple Clients/Companies exist inside the Qvinci account this user must be specifically added to each Client/Company in order for visibility as they do not have dynamic visibility to the entire account. This user has report viewing access and Portal access, but cannot create templates to be shared. This user does dynamically see all Entities/Locations that are added inside the Client/Company.
- Company Viewer is a user set at the Client/Company level. This user is very similar to the Client Staff except this user lacks visibility to the Portal.
- Entity Viewer is a user who is added to an individual reporting Entity. This user may see and report upon a specific Entity(s) of a single Client/Company, or may be added to multiple Entities. However this user does not dynamically see all Entities in a Client/Company. This user has no Portal access either.
- Entity Syncer is the user who is assigned to create and maintain the link between the accounting file and the Qvinci Entity for reporting purposes. There may only be one Entity Syncer assigned per Entity. The Entity Syncer user may also be assigned a higer permission level for reporting or management purposes as well. However, if this user is only assigned as an Entity Syncer then they do have report viewing access on the individual Entities they have been assigned to.
How do I: