In Qvinci Enterprise or Advisor subscriptions users may create special documents that are flagged as either headers or footers. These can then be applied to documents or reports (assets) when packaging the items together. Although only one header and one footer document can be used per package, the user can manually control which assets in the package the header or footer should appear on.
Note: There is no limit to the number of rows or characters that may be used in a header or footer. As such, you might find that a large header or footer crosses into the reporting data section on a page when applied. It is advisable that a header or footer stay within 2-3 lines of text in order to fit within the appropriate space on a page.
Create a Header or Footer Document
In the Document Library a user may create the document to be used as a header or footer.
- From the left navigation bar open Libraries > Document Library
- Create a new document from the Create New Document button
- Insert and format the text as desired- be sure to change the font from "inherited font" to a real font
- Before clicking the Save button checkmark the box that says "this is a header/footer"
- Once the document is flagged as a header/footer save it with a distinguishable name
Apply the Header or Footer to Assets in a Package
Once a header or footer document has been created a user may package assets together and apply a the header or footer to specific assets in a package.
- From the left navigation bar open Libraries > Package Library
- Create a new package from the Create New Package button
- Packages can be made up of one or multiple reports or documents
- The Package Library tab consists of Reports, Documents and Header/Footer tabs
- All reports that have been memorized/styled by a user, or shared to the user, appear on the Reports tab
- All documents that have been memorized/styled by a user, or shared to the user, appear on the Documents tab
- All headers and footers (which are specifically flagged documents) that have been memorized/styled by a user, or shared to the user, appear on the Header/Footer tab
- The user may create a package by dragging reports and documents (from the corresponding tab) to the appropriate section on screen and may rearrange order by dragging items up or down (ie: a Cover Letter may appear first, an Intro Letter second, and then reports in varying order)
- From the Header/Footer tab a user may select the desired header or footer and drag to the corresponding sections below the package contents
- Once the header or footer is in place the user should click on each item in the package to see the Export Options appear to the right
- By default the "Enable Header" and "Enable Footer" options are selected but the user may deselect if desired (ie: if a Cover Letter does not need a footer, then deselect the option)
- Proceed through clicking on each item in the package and editing the Export Options as needed
- Save the package and upon export of the package the header/footer will appear