While "Net Income" is not a traditional general ledger account, Net Income must still be listed as an account in the Equity section your SCoA if you are running SCoA-based reports. Additionally, this line only auto-maps via White List terms; going to Tools > Map to SCoA will not ensure this line on your reports remains mapped.
To ensure your Net Income reflects correctly in SCoA-based reports, follow the steps below:
- Click Manage > SCoA
- Move to the Equity section
- If 'Net Income' is not created in the SCoA, click "Create Account" and add it as an account, choosing "Net Income" as the Category
- In the White List field, enter the phrase "Net Income" (including the quotes) in order to facilitate the auto-mapping of the Net Income amounts from your file(s) into the Net Income account in the SCoA
- Click the “Save” button to save the changes to the SCoA account
- Sync the accounting file(s) again and the mapping should take place automatically