When reporting on a class basis with multiple files, there are times when a custom summation of individual classes needs to occur.
For example, let's say the user has (2) QB files with (3) classes each.
- QB File 1 - Zebra LLC
- QB File 2 - Elephant LLC
- QB File 3 - Monkey LLC
- QB File 2 - Zebra MSLP
- QB File 2 - Elephant MSLP
- QB File 3 - Monkey MSLP
Let's say in this example the user wants Zebra to be calculated all in one column, Elephant in another, and Monkey in a third.
Before proceeding - build and map a SCOA
Column A will need to have the %%accounts%% macro to ensure that it is a template. To do so, run a report from the QVINCI Gallery
- Find the correct type (Balance Sheet or P&L)
- Edit the template
- Change the Frequency to Entity, and the Date Range to Last Two Fiscal Years (to pull all the data over possible)
- Save As in My Reports
- Add %%headers%% above the %%accountsci%% macro and %%totals%% below
One column over from all the static columns, you can "name" the columns to begin your report.
- Add the cells in the named accounts under the appropriate categories, only putting formulas in the %%accountsci%% and %%totals%% and category totals rows
- Add the cells for the appropriate columns in each named cell and for the totals
- Hide all static columns
- Highlight static columns
- Right click the letter of the first column
- Click Hide
- Save Template
- In the Options Section of the top of the report, select frequency as By Entity and Date Range as the desired Date Range. To change the date range at a later date you will manipulate this section