When you find that your Desktop Accounting software and the Qvinci Sync Client are not syncing, there are a couple of steps that can be taken to determine why syncing is not occurring.
Please keep in mind that the sync connection can break down occasionally for several reasons (the accounting file closes, poor internet connections before sync is complete, or Windows or other software updates and re-starts). When this happens, a manual sync will usually resolve the issue.
Be sure you are logged into the accounting software as the Administrator (you can have a different title but you must be able to run reports), and that the file you want to sync to Qvinci is open.
*We recommend that the accounting file is in Single User Mode (at least temporarily) for this sync.
To manually sync, follow these step-by-step instructions.
Intuit has announced that only QuickBooks Desktop 2022 (Pro Plus, Premier Plus, Pro and Enterprise) R3 or later is certified as fully compatible with Windows 11 64-bit.
Please do not upgrade to other editions of Windows 11 until Intuit has certified that your QuickBooks release is compatible with Windows 11. Please see published information on Intuit's website for additional guidance.
Troubleshooting 1 - Is the Sync Client Running?
Step 1 - Look for the Qvinci icon in the lower right corner of the system tray.
❗ NOTE: If the icon is not visible, click the ^ in the System Tray which will show additional icons in your taskbar.
Step 2 - Right-click on the Qvinci Sync icon, and select Exit. This will close out of the sync app completely.
Sep 3 - Locate in the desktop or Windows Start Menu the Qvinci Sync Client and double-click to open it.
Step 4 - The Qvinci Sync Client icon should now be in the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 5 - Right-click on that icon again, but this time choose Open Sync Client.
Step 6 - When the sync client screen appears, press the gray Sync button from the green or blue screen.
Troubleshooting 2 - Is the File Open?
- Are there more than one accounting files open at a time?
- Close all but the one you're trying to sync. Are there any pop-ups on any screen in the application that are asking for your attention first? Be sure to acknowledge or close them.
Troubleshooting 3 - What Version Is the Sync App?
- You can close and re-open the Sync Client.
- If an update is needed, you will receive a prompt and begin to update the Sync Client page.
Troubleshooting 4 - Is the Sync App Not Launching?
- If the Sync App does not show up in your system tray, then uninstall the Sync Client. (This process can be different depending on the version of Windows you have.)
- Once uninstalled, reboot your computer, download the latest version, and reinstall from this link: Qvinci Sync App. Then follow the steps above.
We're More Than Happy To Help
Schedule a Call with Customer Success below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-512-637-7337 Ext. 1 Available M-F, 7:30am-6:30pm CT and it is always FREE!