The ability for Qvinci Administrative users to import a Standard Chart of Accounts (SCoA) themselves is only available by request. Please contact Qvinci Support to enable access to this future for the account. The SCoA import feature is available for the following platforms:
- Qvinci for Accountants
- Qvinci for Franchises
- Qvinci Solo
Import Custom Qvinci SCoA
Once enabled, Admins, Leaders and Managers can import a custom SCoA from an Excel template by following the steps below.
- Go to Manage > Client > Export SCoA Template. While you can save the template anywhere on your PC, you MUST ensure the file name reflects the existing Client name in the Qvinci account; otherwise, you will receive an error when importing. This helps eliminate any cross-company uploads that might occur for multi client accounts. Example format: SCOA_Import_SampleClientName.xlsx
- If the user is uploading a SCoA from a generic template simply change the name of the template to reflect the necessary format. Example format: SCOA_Import_SampleClientName.xlsx
- In the template, each account type will have a separate tab along the bottom. For each account type you'd like to use in your SCoA, enter it on the appropriate tab. The Qvinci SCoA requires that accounts be formatted with colon delimiters to differentiate parents from children, as seen below. Qvinci uses the same account types as QuickBooks, with exception to the additional account type called "Current Liability" which is utilized in Xero's accounting platform.
Please be sure to list all children account directly under the parent account. If you were to list a child account G&A:Professional Fees:Other after the Utilities section, you would receive an error.
- You can also add optional unique whitelist terms in the second column, separated by commas. When files sync to Qvinci, any native account names that contain a whitelist term will automatically be mapped without any user intervention.
For example, if you had the whitelist terms "rent, lease" for the Rent Expense account, any account name with the words rent or lease would automatically map to the Rent Expense account of the Qvinci SCoA. For this reason, it is important to only use whitelist terms that are unique to the specific account. Since there are many accounts with the word "fees" in this example SCoA, fees would be a poor choice for a whitelist term.
- Once the file is saved, navigate to Manage > Client > Step 2: Choose File > Upload
After your custom SCoA has been imported, you may edit it using the Manage SCoA workflow.
Common Errors & Solutions
- Error: [Parent Account Name] is given as a parent on line #X but is never an account of [Account Type]. Unable to process.
Solution: An account name contains a typo, or a child account is either missing a parent account or is listed under the wrong parent account. Ensure the child account is listed directly under the appropriate parent account and that there are no typos in the account names.
- Error: File does not match the franchise.
Solution: The SCoA template file name has been changed. Generate a new SCoA template and be sure to keep the original file name.